Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back to school again


Today I´ve taken my first french class after twelve years without having any contact with Voltaire´s language. I´m not very happy, ´cause I have very recent the days at Cordoba´s Language School, with Dani, Lazaro, Joe and some other good mates I could meet there. I don´t feel the same things when I speak English or when I do it in french, because the former is rock ´n roll language, and the other sounds a little bit poshy if you can´t express yourself fluently. But well, as the photo says....to-sta-ky. I would better say "not everything", but there´s a lot of things here, in french. I´m sure I´ll listen Noir Desir again, and Silmarils, and Les Wampas, and maybe Pigalle too... 
I can remember how it changed my way of thinking towards french, because before I knew any of these bands I had to study a lot to pass the exams at the Tourism School, but once I meet a french girl whose name I can´t remember now, and who lend me some cassettes recorded with Noir Desir´s Tostaky, Silmarils´ Cours Vite, Pigalle´s Live, and some french music more, I could see the light. And although it´s not exactly the same, now I can use the more or less the same system I use with English: listen, translate, learn the songs, sing and play them with the guitar. That´s it: the whole circle.

Maybe one day I´ll try to do it with german, beacuse I would like to listen to Rammstein with the ears wide open, and now I can only do it with my heart... 

No comments: