Sunday, November 28, 2010

Meridional


Meridional is the last album from one of the best metal-core bands in the world: Norma Jean. I´ve listened to it over and over again, and I´ve realized that I want this sound for the guitars of my new demo (we´re working on it now, not as hard as it should be, but well, at least we´ve decided to do it).

I really loooooove this sound. It´s far away from what I was looking for not many years ago, which was closely to the dropped guitars and bass bottom line you can hear in the industrial sound of Fear Factory, Korn or Deftones.

Now we´re playin´ mathcore, metalcore or what-the-fuck-core, I´m not sure. But the delays and the fuzzy sound, the overdrived strings and the tone of old valves taken to the limit, spitting shredding licks through old fashioned speakers, make me feel alive and in peace with this fucking world. It has a spiritual component that is relaxing and upsetting at the same time... listen to "The people that surrounds you on a regular basis", and maybe you´ll discover something else...enjoy!
(Sorry, no video. Only the song)

No comments: